Blog Archive

Fromgirltogirl's Mission Statement:


Will you join us in our adventure to strive to be better than our previous selves throughout our lives? Will you stand for real living?





















Fromgirltogirl Inc. is a spunky, refreshing, fierce, innovative lifestyles enrichment magazine company that promotes self-love, community harmony and healthy development in women. We provide high-quality, enriching lifestyle products and services devoted to developing and enabling the human spirit to fully embrace life. Every experience and challenge is a chance for growth and positive self-discovery. We view ourselves as lifetime partners and friends of our customers, employees, community and world. Our mission is to instill well-being and peace in the global village we call Earth by helping others with life. We want women to: Look better. Think better. Know better. Live better in all areas of their lives- financially, socially, and spiritually. We empower and encourage all individuals to capture their hopes and dreams- achieve their own personal and professional fulfillment.

Our motto is:Get ripe.Get bold. Get excellence.” We believe by discovering the best in each of us, enriches all of us.


Daily Fierce

Shop Discovery Channel Daily Deals, up to 60% off!

National Epic Deal.

If this Banner Changes remotely...it's a NATIONAL special deal day! Be on the look out.

Fromgirltogirl search engine

Follow Fromgirltogirl on Twitter Follow Briana_fierce on Twitter

Subscribe to our Youtube pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Going natural: How I fell in love with my nappy hair!

Titi and and Miko, creators of Miss Jessie's hair products(great hair care)!
http://www.missjessies.com/



By Briana Booker

Lately Fromgirltogirl readers have been asking fabulous questions on how to enrichen their minds, bodies and souls! Yesterday I got a great question from a fierce woman of the name Christal Louison, a recent graduate of American University in Washington DC.

Her question was "How bad is blowing out my natural hair locks?"

My answer is not bad at all! With a low heat setting on the hair dryer, grape seed oil, a good comb, and some fabulous hair cream conditioning....your hair will be fierce and soft! I personally love rocking my afro! It is beautiful because it is so unique.

Check out this wonderful video tutorial on how to Blow-Out your hair: curlynikki.com !




When I went Natural with my hair.


For readers who do not know, I went natural about two years ago. Before then, I was a ritual relaxer chick. And yes, I loved the hair styles I got with relaxers but I was worried about the continous chemicals being used in my hair. My hair was becoming very dry and breaking off easily. I just could not keep up with the maintenance required for relaxed hair.




My hair using relaxers.

I was afraid of what I would look like with natural locks. I was afraid to cut my long hair off. Then a month after my 21st birthday, I decided to cut my hair off and rock out my natural curly hair!

No my hair does not define me as a woman, but it does reflect my moods, how I am taking care of myself, and sometimes it is a symbolic message. For me, I felt liberalized through breaking away from my fears of being defined by someone else's opinion of beauty.

Growing up I was defined as a black girl( I am Black. I am Filipina. I am cuban.), I never heard anyone say black and nappy was beautiful until my second year of college.

In fact recently, I have realized that mainstream America is now promoting colored women( not just black women,but women of color in general) as beautiful. It makes me feel this country is slightly improving in allowing people define who they are as opposed to forcing on a title for people. It is inspiring!

And I just loved seeing on my Facebook timeline that Alexis Devance, creator of Araminta Rose fashion designs, ( check out her blog and fashion designs  )  said "Thinking of having a natural hair party, would you come ?"

It made me glow inside. We are beautiful. It is a movement. Cherish yourself and others will learn to cherish you as well!



And the growth continues...



Check out these great reads on taking care of your natural curly hair below!

p.s- We will be discussing great hair care for all ethnicities in the upcoming weeks! Let us be firece and fabulous together!


No comments:

Post a Comment