Blog Archive

Fromgirltogirl's Mission Statement:


Will you join us in our adventure to strive to be better than our previous selves throughout our lives? Will you stand for real living?





















Fromgirltogirl Inc. is a spunky, refreshing, fierce, innovative lifestyles enrichment magazine company that promotes self-love, community harmony and healthy development in women. We provide high-quality, enriching lifestyle products and services devoted to developing and enabling the human spirit to fully embrace life. Every experience and challenge is a chance for growth and positive self-discovery. We view ourselves as lifetime partners and friends of our customers, employees, community and world. Our mission is to instill well-being and peace in the global village we call Earth by helping others with life. We want women to: Look better. Think better. Know better. Live better in all areas of their lives- financially, socially, and spiritually. We empower and encourage all individuals to capture their hopes and dreams- achieve their own personal and professional fulfillment.

Our motto is:Get ripe.Get bold. Get excellence.” We believe by discovering the best in each of us, enriches all of us.


Daily Fierce

Shop Discovery Channel Daily Deals, up to 60% off!

National Epic Deal.

If this Banner Changes remotely...it's a NATIONAL special deal day! Be on the look out.

Fromgirltogirl search engine

Follow Fromgirltogirl on Twitter Follow Briana_fierce on Twitter

Subscribe to our Youtube pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blank stare: Review on Rock the Bells 2010.

My Friend Addie(A-town) and I.


By Briana Booker

 I was elated I got free tickets to Rock the Bells 2010 last weekend August 29th,  through The Fab Empire ( you can also follow them on twitter @thefabempire or visit their website at http://www.thefabempire.com/). The Fab Empire is a website that brings together all things fabulous in the  Baltimore, Boston, New York and Washington D.C. areas. These fabulous things range from major events, parties, fashion shows to critiquing the hottest events around town. They seek and promote quality! I am a huge fan of their website and twitter page! I highly recommend checking them out.

But Back to Rock the Bells, what is Rock the Bells exactly? Rock the Bells is an annual hip hop festival that originally took place only in Southern California. But over the years it has grown to a world-wide tour! The concert features a lineup of high-profile alternative hip hop acts and mainstream artist.

I was able to attend the concert at Merriweather Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland. The concert had great headliners such as Snoop Dogg, Tribe Called Quest, Slick Rick, and above all...Lauryn Hill! I said above all Lauryn Hill because I have been a huge fan for years and was excited to go to the show because of Ms.Hill!

I enjoyed the show a great deal but I was irked that, at first, I heard rumor Ms.Hill would not perform! She was sick! And, I heard previously the night before in New York her voice was not up to par to the original soulful and emotional voice 10 years ago. I was not the only one annoyed by this rumor! The Weed smokers, the drinkers and the sober fans were all outraged!

Not only was Lauryn Hill supposed to be on at 4:25pm ....but we were waiting in the hot air and sun for two hours extra with no one performing! The crowd started chanting " Start the show," until Tribe Called Quest saved the day!


Q-Tip from Tribe Called Quest energizing the crowd!

And when I say saved the day, Tribe Called Quest saved the day! They still have it lyrically and still have the energy to get crowds excited! I want them to make a comeback!



Lauryn Hill Performing.

Anyways, to make a long story short...eventually Lauryn Hill came on the stage. Her voice was a bit raspy but it was still great to see her still doing her thing! Ms.Hill is still fierce and I respect her for her talent and emotions.

I had a great day that day! And made great memories with one of my awesome friends Addie Tower (also known as A-town) and I had a good time with the crowd!

Would I do it again? Yes.

However, I recommend the event planners for this concert be a bit more organized with performances and time schedules! All and all it was a great end to the summer days! And boy, did I have a great summer...but that is  a story for later.  Check out some of our videos below on our day and night adventures at Rock the Bells 2010!

Cheers!





ANYWAYS....ADDIE AND I NEED A SHOW. WE ARE TOO FUNNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment